French (Fr)English (United Kingdom)
Farmers

pcartehopkins1879beaconsfield


 
John Milton Angell

John Milton Angell (1883-1950)

 

John Milton Angell, brother of William Nevin, was Alderman on the Council of the Town of Beaconsfield from 1916 to 1948, missing only one 2-year term. His farmhouse was at 515 Lakeshore Road until it was destroyed by fire in January 2002. In the 1890s, the English children were taught school in the house of John Milton.

 
Roberta Angell

Roberta Angell (October 26th, 1914 – October 21st, 2006)


Roberta Angell was the descendant of the first English family to establish itself as farmer in Beaurepaire. She was the last child of William Nevin Angell (1873 – 1956) and Hannah Hodgson (1878 – 1924) to survive.


This couple had 7 children out of which 4 lived to be adult:
Doris (1906-1998), Cecil (1908-1980), Earl (1911-1966) and Roberta (1914-2006).
None of the children married, leaving no descendant.


Roberta Angell was devoted to her community and to her family. She was attached to her City and its history. She lived in the ancestral house of farm 5, at 530 Lakeshore Road, in Beaconsfield. This house was built for John, William Nevin’s father, in 1860. In 2001, at Roberta Angell’s request, who wanted to insure the preservation of her house, the City of Beaconsfield recognized the historical value of this house by citing it as historical monument.

 
Willian Nevin Angell

William Nevin Angell (1873-1956) et Hannah Hodgson


William Nevin Angell, son of John Angell, is the grandson of William Angell and Mary Garbutt, the ancestors who acquired farm #5 in 1840 to become the first English farming family to establish themselves in Beaurepaire. The farmhouse at 530 Lakeshore Road was built in 1860 for John Angell, father of William Nevin. In 2001, the City of Beaconsfield cited this heritage house, at the request of Roberta Angell, daughter of William Nevin, the last Angell to live in this house. The house is thus protected from demolition.

 

angells-family-600x400

 

Photo : 1924 – William Nevin and Hannah with their children; l. to r.: Doris, Earl, William Nevin, Cecil, Hannah, Roberta

 
Louis Côté

Louis Côté (1831-   ) and Marcelle Bisson


Louis married Marcelle Bisson in 1854. They lived in Beaurepaire, probably on farm #4, which was purchased by David Lamoureux in 1916.

 
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 Next > End >>

Page 1 of 3